Wednesday, February 8, 2012

An attitude of gratitude

I have an Apple app called Gratitude. Since downloading it about two years ago, I hardly ever use it. I think I've made about three entries total. If I actually used it as intended, I'd be writing down five things every day that I am thankful for. I could do that in my written journal, but as with everything in my writing life, it gets shoved to the background. In this case, almost off the cliff.

Well, I probably should take that app up again. I have an opportunity to write travel articles now. I'm making a concerted effort to get accepted to stock agencies and set up portraits with my photography. My family and I will travel to the Bay Area and to Seattle and Vancouver this year. I just ran my first marathon, and I'm itching (believe it or not) to run another. Yes, I have plenty to be thankful for. But this is the most important one of all (and my wonderful husband too, who took this picture):



They are the reason I strive to be the best person I can be, every day.

No comments: