Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stock...not

So, I've gotten a flurry of rejections from Bigstock and Fotolia. I think it's time I go back to the drawing board and figure out where I'm going wrong with these pictures. Some are out of focus, others are poorly exposed, and the one reason for rejection I get most of all is "limited value for stock". This is so much harder than I thought it would be, and now it's become a vendetta. I'm determined to make this happen, so I will do what I can to get this off the ground.

First, I'll take pictures every day. Lots of them, and see if I can get the controls of my camera under my command. Second, I'll study everything I need to about the technical aspects of photography, and relearn then as much as I need to. Third, I'll keep studying the stock websites and understand what they accept. It's about all I can do at this point.

So...does this look like a stock picture or not?



Apparently, not. But it's still lovely.

No comments: