Friday, February 3, 2012

Snow-pocalypse, Rockies edition

Yeah, I know. We're supposed to be getting lots of snow anyway here in Colorado. The state name is practically synonymous with snow (even though Denver has on the average 300 days of sunshine a year). But this system proved to be our Big One, an average of 2-3 feet in most areas of the Front Range. And here's just some of the proof:






This is from our backyard, where it always looks like this when we get major snowstorms. And here's another view:



A lame revelation on my part - now that I have this awesome camera phone, I can take really good pictures for this blog in a pinch. I guess I've take the snobbish attitude that photography really isn't if it's not taken on my DSLR and I haven't processed the pictures to look stunning. But this little Android phone will do, especially when I'm writing here and want to do more illustrations.

R and I both home today - he because it's his flex day, mine because it's that rarest of rarities in my line of work - the snow day. The kids of course are also enjoying this day, but at their dad's house. I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad thing. A little of both, I suppose.

No comments: